- The Wharton School of Commerce and Finance
- University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Science in Economics with dual major in INSURANCE and MANAGEMENT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIPS
- Related studies: Finance, Accounting, Business Law, Marketing and Statistics.
- Deans List with Distinction.
1976 - Entered Life Insurance Field.
1977 - Established Alan K. Modest and Associates:
- Specializing in coordinated financial planning for individual, family and business needs.
- Registered General Securities Principal through LPL Financial.
- Investments - Extensive involvement in Professional Money Management:
- Concentration: Mutual Funds, Municipal Bonds, Variable
- Annuities, Stocks and Bonds, Asset Allocation, and Section 529 College Savings Plans.
- Self-Employed Retirement Plans, IRA - Total Estate Planning and Asset Coordination.
- Disability Income Protection Planning.
- Long Term Care Insurance Planning.
- Professional Services to Businesses encompassing all aspects of Employee Benefit Programs, Pension and Profit Sharing, 401-K, Group Life and Medical Insurance and Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation and Supplemental Executive Retirement Plans (SERPS).
- General Agent and Broker for Several Major Life Insurance Companies.
- Securities Offered Through LPL Financial- Member FINRA/SIPC.
Industry Achievements and Memberships:
- Life and Qualifying Member of the Million Dollar Round Table.
- MDRT Top of the Table and Court of the Table.
- Member: The Financial Planning Association.
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors.
- Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
- Attained Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation from the College of Financial Planning of Denver, Colorado, in 1983.